The greenery is looking for entrepreneurs with creative solutions to help us to create new sustainable concepts for our largest product groups. We are open to many stages of development, but focus is on implementation within 2 years. When your idea or solution seems viable we want to start a pilot and examine together if we can make this a success.
Along with 500 cooperative affiliated growers, The Greenery supplies and distributes a complete, fresh, year-round assortment of fruit, vegetables and mushrooms to (international) supermarkets and wholesalers.
Sustainability has been a key part of The Greenery's strategy for years. Every step we take is based on the growing consideration for people and the environment, and is aimed at creating a healthier world, both today and for future generations. In this context we also examine our packaging activities and we continuously strive to come up with new sustainable forms of packaging. However, many different interests and conditions play a role here:
- Packaging has a number of functional demands: protection, communication, portioning and extending shelf life.
- Compatibility: new forms of packaging have to be compatible with our current product line, packaging machines and transportation flows, or may only require minimum adjustments.
- Scale-size: new types of packaging have to be commercially available on a large scale.
- Consumer perception: next to being actually sustainable, new forms of packaging also have to be perceived as sustainable by the consumer.
- Price: consumers aren’t willing to pay (a lot) extra (yet) for more sustainable forms of packaging. So unfortunately the costs of new packaging solutions can’t be significantly higher than the materials that are currently used.
Innovative packaging possibilities
The Greenery has access to a large national and international market, possesses its own logistic channels and has a lot of experience and knowledge about packing fruit and vegetables. However, we currently do not have all insights in the packaging possibilities so that we can fulfil al the demands above. Which disciplines do we need:
- (Biobased) packaging experts
- Design agencies
This challenge is part of KVK Business Challenge. Go for more information to the website of KVK.Read more