Who do you think deserves a place in the spotlight when it comes to upcycling? Do you know an outstanding artist, designer or scientist? Who inspires you? Please let me know!
Upcycling designers see the value of materials that have had a life. They make amazing designs with waste. Upcycling designers genuinely help close the loop in Circular economy*. But where do upcycling designers find the right materials? How can materials best be reused? How can upcycling designers expand their market share?
WeReMake is a community dedicated to upcycling, online and offline. Weremake.com offers webshops for upcycling designers, people selling waste & DIY’s to exchange experiences in upcycling. WeReMake.com aims to help designers and DIY'ers to bridge the gap in the loop in three ways:
- first, find the right materials close to home;
- second, exchange tips & tricks and instructions for making designs while reusing materials;
- and third, provide a platform to sell their products and be found by customers.
What do we do?
- Build an approachable, online and offline community for people to upcycle
- Exchange knowledge on upcycling and reuse, how to do it in sustainable manner?
- Build on awareness of the importance and possibilities of circular economy
- Develop new instruments to improve and scale up upcycling
We are a growing community! Want to hear about how it all started and where we are now? Please check it out. Who do you think deserves a place in the spotlight when it comes to upcycling? Do you know an outstanding artist, designer or scientist? Who inspires you? Please let me know!Read more