11 - 15 maart 2019
Join the HortiFresh Vegetable Trade Mission to Ghana from 11-15 March 2019!
Target group: for all Dutch companies with an interest in the West African market active in the horticulture sector.
The HortiFresh Program
From 11-15 March, NABC and Inclsve as part of the HortiFresh program, will organize a trade mission to Ghana for Dutch companies. HortiFresh is a 3- year program (successor of GhanaVeg), financed by the NL Embassy in Accra and aims for commercial fruit and vegetable sector development in Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire. It aims for a competitive and innovative high-value fruit and vegetable sector and the sustainable and inclusive growth of this sector. The project goal is to reach 15,000 farmers and increase their productivity by 20% until 2021. This is done through capacity building, access to finance (matching funding), marketing and business planning support and further professionalizing the sector through business platform meetings, public-private dialogues, etc.
Focus within the Ghanaian market
The trade mission focuses on the input side of the horticultural value chain, from inputs, fertilisers, soil analysis to substrates, but also on horticultural growing techniques (hors de sol) and aims to increase the quality of local production, next to the higher yields. During the trade mission, Dutch companies will be connected to the HortiFresh network of local growers, agribusiness, distributors and other relevant horticulture stakeholders which can become a potential partner of the client to expand their market in Ghana. The target group for the trade mission are Dutch companies that provide a product or service that is of added value to the local vegetable sector.
The Ghanese vegetable sector has a great necessity for three types of innovative products and corresponding suppliers:
- Inputs and soil enrichment: seeds, (organic) fertilizers and crop protection, substrates and soil analysis;
- Innovative agri-services;
- Locally applicable packaging technology.
We can bring you in touch with SME's in Ghana that will benefit greatly from your expertise. Mission participation will give insight into the vegetable sector in Ghana and you will be put in touch with the Hortifresh network and relevant local contacts and potential partners.
- Networking cocktail hosted by the Netherlands Embassy (12th of March)
- Company/ field visits based on participant interests (12th and 13th of March)
- B2B Matchmaking (14th of March)
- Business Platform Meeting (brings together key service providers, producers, processors, traders and wholesale/retailers in the vegetable sector, ranging from 75-100 relevant stakeholders in the fruit and vegetable sector). During this BP meeting all mission participants can present their company. (14th of March)
- Individual (or group) appointments (for example with cooperatives, the Ministry of Agriculture, input dealers/distributors etc.) (15th of March)
For more information please visit the website of NABC . The costs for the trade mission are 800 euro excl. VAT. This mission fee excludes the international flight, accommodation and food costs. It does include organisational costs and local (collective) transport. Note: this program serves to give an indication of the week division. The further definition of the program will take place based on the company registrations and delegation member interests. We will offer a tailor-made program, based on these interests.Lees meer